Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Clearing the first hurdle



I walked right into the lions' den today - Barnes & Noble - to find a desk calendar for the New Year. As expected they were holding a big post holiday sale and as I perused the calendars a Marvel Comics book of Spiderman sketches caught my eye.

Now this is something I'd normally glance right over, but it was 50% off!

Instinctively my hand shot out to give the book the once over and just as quickly I withdrew it. I suddenly remembered I wasn't buying books this year. I suppose I could have flipped through it, but why tempt fate?

In the end I didn't even buy a calendar, not today anyway. I had picked out an obnoxiously cute kitten calendar (I work with some real manly men and a kitten calendar on my desk would have really confused them), but the line was too long for me to wait through on my lunch break.

No comments: