Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Zazie in the Metro?

I went to the Barnes & Noble on the 16th Street Mall today is search of Raymond Queneau's Zazie in the Metro. Denver Public Library doesn't have a copy and rather than wait for an inter library loan I was tempted to use my $25 "lifeline" to pick it up.

Alas the Barnes & Noble did not have a copy either.

This was my first real trip to a book store since I started not buying books. It was like visiting old friends. I stopped and read the opening passages of Fahrenheit 451 and was intrigued by the cover of the Edgar Rice Burroughs novel pictured below.

But I didn't buy any books. Not even this one:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a search feed for Denver Public Library so I occasionally see your posts. I checked Prospector and a couple local libraries have the Zazie book, including DU, and it says it's currently available so with your DPL card you can place a hold on it and should get it in a couple days. http://prospector.coalliance.org/

Hope that's helpful.

Michelle

barry said...

Thanks Michelle! I was going to check Prospector for Zazie today. Prospector has been a wonderful resource for me this winter and I expect to lean on it heavily for the rest of the year.

(I suspect my unwillingness to log onto it yesterday was just an excuse to go to a bookstore.)

Thanks for your help and for reading!